The online course.
Enrolment opens on June 20.
Get the free mini-series to join the waitlist.
When it comes to raising kids who feel good about themselves and their bodies you may already know about diet culture and body positivity. You may have read theory about helping your child feel good.
But theory needs action to be useful. It needs to be translated into real life, on the spot tools. Tools you can use for all manner of concerns that arise at different ages and stages.
And that’s what you’ll get in the online course. Everything you need to raise body confident kids, plus support to deal with anything thrown at you.
- 55 audio lessons (3-15 min each) that cover all aspects of parenting, over ten learning modules. Each module includes training on how to put the tools into action in your family, plus downloads and printable scripts.
- Either 12 months or lifetime access depending on the plan you choose. Most people choose lifetime access as different tools are helpful at different stages.
- Live Q & A sessions with Emma. With the Gold Plan you get access to a private facebook group and 12 months access to group coaching sessions.
- Money back guarantee, on all plans.
You get access to email and messenger help with any questions that you would like fast or anonymous support with.
What the course covers…
- Why our kids behave like they do, and fight us about what they eat.
- Controlling your environment, the dos, don’ts and best practices for body confidence.
- Food and mealtimes, from battles and angst to freedom and competence.
- Handling hard conversations (about bodies, fatness, food, sex, bullying etc), so they can hear what you say.
- Sleep routines. Why bother, how to, the changes you’ll see.
- Doing tech well, teaching them to be discerning about what they are watching.
- Interviews, stories and other helpful resources.
Course plan options…
Choose the option that suits you best. Enrolment opens on June 20. Join the mini-series to get on the waitlist.
Enjoy more confident kids, or your money back
If you don’t notice and love the improvement in your parenting and see a change in your kids within 30 days, I insist on refunding you in full—promptly without question.
What does each module of the course cover?
Setting the scene.
- Why your kids think and act like they do (5 mins)
- The two ways our kids get their needs met (3 mins)
- How kids decide what they are valued for (3 mins)
- A new perspective on health & weight (9mins)
- Your need for control and why it matters (6 mins)
- The most powerful tool for body confidence (14 mins)
Controlling your environment, the dos, don’ts and best practices for body confidence
- Instead of praising, do this (10 mins)
- Using consequences to empower (9 mins)
- Compliments to boost confidence (4 mins)
- Using rewards to motivate? What to do instead? (6 mins)
- Declutter unhelpful messages in your home (& their social feeds) (5 mins)
- What to do with family scales (4 mins)
- It’s no joke (3 mins)
- Shift your child’s focus from looks to ability (3 mins)
- A stereotype to watch out for (3 mins)
- Teaching kids digital trickery (3 mins)
Food & mealtimes, from battles and angst to freedom and confidence
- The real feeding goal (4 mins)
- Who is responsible for what at mealtimes? (7 mins)
- Putting nutrition in perspective (3 mins)
- 10 ways to create mealtime calm (11 mins)
- They are more capable than you think (8 mins)
- What you can control & why you should (5 mins)
- How to handle dessert without power struggles (4 mins)
- How to deal with sugar + no more begging for sweets when shopping (8 mins)
- The ways we discourage (but don’t mean to) & what we can do instead (5 mins)
Handling conversations that make us want to run for the hills
Sleep routines. Why bother, how to, the changes you’ll see
- What you need to know before making changes (4 mins)
- The real sleep goal (5 mins)
- How to structure the evening for success (8 mins)
- How to structure the daytime for success (4 mins)
- How to stay in your lane when things get hard (6 mins)
- Your sleep routine & why it matters (2 mins)
Doing tech well. Getting your kids to use Technology with respect, discernment and self regulation
- Are your kids addicted?
- No good tool comes without dangers
- The tech mistakes most parents make
- What you can control and what you can’t
- The Tech contract that empowers and boosts body confidence
- Turning poor choices into teaching tools
Parenting strategies that leads to resilient kids who believe in themselves
- Ending power struggles quickly
- Seeing the payoff (why they continue behaviour you hate)
- Getting kids to help around the house, without having to ask
- Setting up allowances to empower
- Strategies for dealing with on and offline bullying
- Strategies for anxious children
- Strategies to regain calm quickly
The tool that builds confidence and self belief for the whole family
Succeeding the whole way along your parenting journey
- Reviewing the strategies
- Getting your partner on the same page
- Solo parenting, divorce parenting and how to help your child handle competing messages
- Your body confidence – what’s required, where to get help and what to do next
Interviews, Stories, and other helpful resources
- Emma’s Story
- How diet culture infiltrates our kids
- 8 eating disorder redflags
- Interview with Kristina Bruce, body acceptance coach (60 mins)
- Interview with Kim Corley, sleep expert (60 mins)
- Interview with Evelyn Tribole, author of Intuitive Eating (24 mins)
- Interview with Serefin Upton, relationship coach (30 mins)
Enrolment opens on June 20. Join the mini-series to get on the waitlist.
How do I know it will work for me?
You feel like you know a lot about healthy eating and you’ve tried heaps, right?
You might be thinking, “how will this be different?”
You’ve seen the outline of everything you get from the program, but the power really, is in what other’s have to say. Parents who felt frustrated, worried, and bogged down. Parents who saw their kids struggling. Parents who, like you, didn’t know if it was going to work out.
But maybe you’ve already read the testimonials and you still need a little extra reassurance that Raising Body Confident Kids is a good fit for your family. In that case, please know you get a 30-day no questions asked money-back Guarantee.
So really, what’s to lose?
Either THIS program works, or you get your money back. It’s that simple. I hope you’ll join us.
“The results are immediate.
Wow I’ve been using one of your strategies and what a difference. It’s the easiest thing ever and the results are immediate. My child has been withdrawn for so long and suddenly they are walking around with their chest puffed up! –
“Emma’s course was a life-changer for our family.
We learnt so much vital information and practical tips that gave us the confidence to have those hard conversations and answer those hard questions!! As the mother of three girls, I feel such responsibility to arm them with the tools they need to feel ok in their bodies and navigate this world that has such emphasis on looking a certain way.”
“It’s changed our lives.
“I wanted help to make sure I wasn’t passing on my negative body issues to my daughter. I got SO much more than I expected! I can say it’s changed our lives.”
“A lightbulb moment.
Hearing Emma speak was a light bulb moment – I realised that I was unconsciously creating ‘guilt’ food habits for my children. In the age of too much information and so much pressure, it’s refreshing to have guidance from someone who has been there herself and is willing to share her poignant journey. Emma is an inspiration in this minefield of positive body image.
“I got a shift in perspective.
“I was terrified that my daughter was emerging into teenhood having inherited all my “food and body issues”, I realised I had to sort myself out so I could help her. I got a shift in perspective that has helped me let go of control and learn to trust my daughter and myself more when it comes to food.”
“Confidence going forward.
“I wanted support with how to deal with my teenage daughter’s recent weight gain. Emma was incredibly empathetic and understanding, and made me feel like I was not going crazy. I learned a number of tools how I could improve the situation at home, and in relation to the world at large. It gave me a lot of confidence going forward, in being a supportive and loving mother to my teenage daughter rather than feeling (externally) pressured to change my daughter’s weight and “do something about it”
“I gained comfort and confidence in my parenting.
“I was struggling to manage my kids diet and worrying about them eating too much sugar and sneaking food. I was concerned that I would cause them issues around food because of issues I have experienced. I gained comfort and confidence in my parenting around food and can now see they’ll be okay!!
“Last night my daughter told me she thinks tv and advertising is ridiculous because it makes you feel like you need big boobs, big round bums and be skinny everywhere else. In kicks your voice!! We had an amazing conversation about bodies, media, realistic body image, how our bodies are truly amazing and that’s what we should focus on. So grateful to have your voice in my head when I need it!!!”
“It’s given me practical tools around food and bodies.
“I wanted guidance as a parent and help with my own attitude to eating, food and bodies. Emma’s work is incredible. It’s given me practical tools to help me change my thinking patterns around eating and bodies.”